[nfbwatlk] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Petition to the United Nations regarding quiet vehicles

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Apr 8 15:02:48 UTC 2015

I signed.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marci
Carpenter via nfbwatlk
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:33 PM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List' List
Subject: [nfbwatlk] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Petition to the United
Nations regarding quiet vehicles

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: April 7, 2015 at 11:11:51 AM PDT
> To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
> Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Petition to the United Nations regarding
quiet vehicles
> From: "Danielsen, Chris via Nfbnet-members-list"
<nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

> Dear Fellow Federationists:
>
> As you know, the National Federation of the Blind has been warning for
many years that hybrid and electric vehicles pose a danger to the blind and
to other pedestrians, as well as to cyclists and small children. In the
United States our campaign to have a safe level of sound added to these
vehicles resulted in the passage of the Pedestrian safety Enhancement Act.
However, there is still much work to be done on the international level, and
so we have also been working with other individuals and organizations to
encourage the United Nations to adopt an international standard for safe
vehicle sound. Some of our blind colleagues in the United Kingdom have
posted a petition on Change.org urging the UN to take action. We are writing
to ask that you sign this petition to show our support for their request to
the UN. You can read and sign the petition by clicking the following link or
pasting it into your
browser:www.change.org/p/the-united-nations-stop-look-and-listen-make-sure-e
lectric-and-hybrid-vehicles-are-audible-to-ensure-pedestrian-safety
<http://www.change.org/p/the-united-nations-stop-look-and-listen-make-sure-e
lectric-and-hybrid-vehicles-are-audible-to-ensure-pedestrian-safety> .

> Let's help our colleagues across the pond get ten-thousand signatures!
>
> Sincerely,
> Chris Danielsen
> Director of Public Relations
> National Federation of the Blind
>
> Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
> Director of Public Relations
> National Federation of the Blind
> 200 East Wells Street
> Baltimore, MD 21230
> Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
> Mobile: (410) 262-1281
> Email: cdanielsen at nfb.org <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>
> Twitter: @NFB_Voice

blindness is not what holds you back.

> Make a gift <https://nfb.org/make-gift> to the National Federation of the
Blind and help ensure all blind Americans live the lives they want.

> goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/mjc59%40com
cast.net