[nfbwatlk] February 2015 Metro service cuts detailed in proposal to County Council

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 06:17:05 UTC 2014

February 2015 Metro service cuts detailed in proposal to County Council
Acting upon the recommendations of an Ad-Hoc Committee that included three
members of the King County Council, County Executive Dow Constantine today
sent the Council a proposal for February service changes that would cut
169,000 hours of Metro Transit service. The February service reduction would
delete 16 bus routes and revise or reduce 32 others. (Details are available
on Metro's website.)

Proposed February 2015 service changes
.	16 routes deleted: 4, 22, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31, 158, 159, 178, 179,
187, 190, 192, 242, and DART 930.
.	32 routes revised or reduced: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9X, 12, 13, 14, 16, 21,
24, 26X, 27, 28X, 29, 32, 33, 60, 65, 106, 107, 116X, 121, 125, 157, 168,
177, 181, 193X, 197, 271 and DART 901.
The Council already approved a first round of 151,000 hours of service
reductions to take effect Sept. 27. Taken together, the two rounds represent
cuts to about 10 percent of Metro's service, or 320,000 hours of the transit
agency's 3.5 million annual hours. Additional service reductions will be
examined as part of King County's upcoming biennial budget process.

If the February 2015 service change proposal is adopted by the Council, and
if the Seattle transit initiative is approved by voters in November, the
February service cuts will be postponed until June 2015 to provide time for
Seattle and any other party to submit Community Mobility Contracts to
preserve service. Seattle and others could also contract to restore services
slated to be cut Sept. 27.

Metro currently provides about 400,000 rides each day on 214 routes
throughout King County. We value every one of our customers and will
continue to do the best we can to preserve service and get you where you
want to go.

www.kingcounty.gov/metro
.