[nfbwatlk] Free Lunch for Blind Students on 10/4!

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:36:47 UTC 2014

You're Invited!

To a Student Lunch

Sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind of Washington

Come to a free lunch to mingle with students, meet our scholarship winners,
network with blind professionals, and win door prizes!

.        When: Saturday, October 4, from noon to 2:00

.        Where: The Hilton Hotel, 301 W 6th St., Vancouver, WA 98660

.        What: Lunch, IT'S FREE!

.        Who: Blind and visually impaired high school, college, and grad
students, and perspectives are invited too!

Meet local students while learning of our  <http://nabslink.org/> National
Association of Blind Students division. Learn how the National Federation of
the Blind (NFB) is supporting legislation like  <https://nfb.org/TEACH> the
TEACH act to increase accessibility of school materials on college campuses
through this  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU4MBIluhD0&feature=youtu.be>
video, and how you can help improve the experiences of all blind students
through civic engagement.

Have you never heard of the  <https://nfb.org> NFB? Do you have questions
about our philosophy? Please bring them! We want to address your questions
and concerns, and how the  <http://www.nfbw.org/> NFBW can better serve
Washington's blind students, so we need your input!

Please RSVP with Cindy Bennett at  <mailto:clb5590 at gmail.com>
clb5590 at gmail.com or 828-989-5383. Please include dietary restrictions.

Attendees are encouraged to stay through the afternoon session of our
convention to hear updates from agencies and talks from successful blind
people. Our banquet will be at 7:00 P.M., including a keynote from our
national representative, Anil Lewis. Until Sept. 20, banquet tickets are
$50, $60 thereafter. Please contact Cindy for information about financial
assistance.

Please pass these flyers on to any students you know!

Thank you,

Cindy Bennett