[nfbwatlk] OTC students at WCB conventions

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 01:35:58 UTC 2014

Thanks so much, Daniel.  You always make so much sense.  My
concern isn't what office Julie does or does not hold.  My
concern is more about whether there is fairness in allowing OTC
students to go to either convention, and how much NFB members are
allowed to interact with OTC students.  There are things about
that program that I am not sure I like, which is why I ended up
going to CCB.  I just want for us to be able to have some
meaningful dialogue with OTC students.  If they are going to
choose to be involved in any organization, I want them to really
know what they're choosing, and reject the other possibility for
good reasons.  I think it would be bad form to fight Julie's
appointment as Program Manager on the basis of her being a member
and officer of WCB.  That, in and of itself should not be a
disqualifier.    Debby