[nfbwatlk] help the NFB while shopping

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 27 19:28:09 UTC 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

As you start your holiday shopping, there are ways to help the National Federation of the Blind at both a state and national level.

First, remember to give to the NFB of Washington through the Amazon Smiles program. If you go www.smile.amazon.com <http://www.smile.amazon.com/> you can designate “National Federation of the Blind of Washington’ as your charity. This is then linked to your Amazon account, and every time you shop with Amazon a donation is made to our affiliate. You can also do this by typing “Amazon Smiles” or “Smiles” in the search box when using the Amazon website. This will take you to the Amazon Smiles page and then just follow the steps to designate the affiliate.

Second, I urge you to shop at the NFB Bid for Equality auction which starts Friday, November 28 and ends December 4. Go to https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/auctionhome.action?vhost=bid-for-equality <https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/auctionhome.action?vhost=bid-for-equality>
There are jewelry items, cool vacation packages, gift baskets and more. Happy Shopping!

Marci Carpenter