[nfbwatlk] Apple releases iOS 8.1.1 to Fix Some Problems of Blind/VI Users

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Nov 17 22:29:39 UTC 2014

Greetings, everyone.

I just read on http://applevis.com that iOS 8.1.1 has just been released. It
apparently fixes a number of the VoiceOver bugs introduced with the advent
of iOS 8, 8.0.2 and 8.1. Most notably, the bug that caused screens not to
follow left- and right-flick gestures has apparently been fixed so that
focus again is where we, the blind and visually impaired, think it is. I'm
not sure everything has been fixed that Apple claims to have fixed but this
is a good start.

I still don't plan to upgrade from iOS 7.1.2 right away till we see how
those who've updated fare.

Mike Freeman