[nfbwatlk] Re religion observations

Elizabeth Rene via nfbwatlk nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Sat May 31 16:47:01 UTC 2014

Lauren, your comments are moving and bittersweet. I think we have a lot in common with people of color, and with those in the GLBT movement. And yet each of us groups might be just a little uncomfortable with each other :-). I'm reminded of the experience of Pentecost. There, everyone spoke and understood everyone else's language, just as if the speaker were a member of his or her own tribe. What a beautiful vision! With these groups, I think we share a dream. To change what it means to be human.

Take heart,
Elizabeth