[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle Chapter Meeting

M J mjc59 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 03:32:34 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

Come and join the Greater Seattle Chapter for an interesting and fun meeting.

Date: Saturday, June 21st
Time: 10:00 am - noon
Place: City University, 521 Wall St, Seattle

Hear a presentation about a recent technology conference, discuss a sub-minimum wage exemption clause in the City’s $15/hr wage ordinance, get the latest state and national news and welcome some new members. Dues are $5 per year. We will, of course, be holding our usual 50/50 drawing so bring your $$.

 Our chapter will be hosting some fun events this summer. August 8th is our Seattle Mariners baseball game fundraiser. Go to
www.mariners.com/nfb
 to buy tickets ($25). The promo code is “nfb”
August 9th is the annual chapter barbecue at Noel Nightingale and Jim Peterson’s home near Lake Washington. Festivities begin at 2 pm. The event is FREE and open to all interested blind and sighted folks so bring family and friends. There will be a keg of beer for those who wish to partake. We ask a $5 donation for a refillable glass. The main course and non-alcoholic beverages are provided by the chapter. Guests are asked to bring a side dish or dessert. Some Federationists from other chapters will be coming in for the game and the barbecue. It will be a lot of fun!

The after-the-meeting lunch will be at Cyclopse Restaurant, 2421 1st Ave (SW corner of 1st & Wall). Check out the menu at
http://www.cyclopsseattle.com/brunch.html

Come and be a part of our dynamic NFB chapter!

Marci Carpenter
Chapter President