[nfbwatlk] Shop till you drop!

Elizabeth Rene rene0373 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:42:19 UTC 2014

 Hi Mike and list,
I am so glad we had a review of list rules, because I have a question about them.
I love catalogs and shopping, and every so often I run across a product designed for mainstream customers that makes me go "oh wow, wouldn't that be a classy thing for blind people to use for entertaining/cleaning/… Just about anything".
 Or I'll go "now why didn't they tell me what color that is?" The obvious answer, of course, is that the picture shows sighted people, so why say it in print?
I want to write about the things I find. And I want to campaign with stores so that they'll make their catalogs online and off more friendly to us.
I even love to be a secret shopper or restaurant reviewer to improve service to blind people at stores and dining establishments. It would be such fun!
Would anyone like the occasional post about such things on this list? Or should I find a way to start a column in the Braille  Monitor?
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth M René
Attorney at Law