[nfbwatlk] Summer in Seattle with the Greater Seattle Chapter

M J mjc59 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 01:19:07 UTC 2014

Greetings All,

Are you ready for some fun and Federationism this sumer? Then mark your calendars!

First, join the Greater Seattle Chapter this Saturday, July 19th from 10:00 a.m.-noon at CityU, 521 Wall St. for our monthly chapter meeting. Hear the 1st Presidential Release from our new NFB national President; Mark Riccobono, hear about national convention highlights from those who attended and learn about new technologies for blind people. After the meeting join with chapter members for a FREE lunch in the clubroom and on the deck at Mike Mello’s place, 400 Wall St. The menu will be hamburgers, veggie burgers, potato salad, pasta salad, cookies and pop. (someone might also donate beer). Please RSVP to Marci for the lunch so we know how much food to buy.

Next, come out to Safeco Field on Friday, August 8th at 7:10 p.m. for the Seattle Mariners fundraiser and a fun night of baseball. Go to
www.mariners.com/nfb
and buy your tickets ($25)

Finally, join us for our annual barbecue on Saturday, August 9th starting at 2 p.m. at the beautiful home of Noel Nightingale and Jim Peterson, 3800 Ferris Pl. Dinner will be served at approximately 4 p.m.This is also a FREE event. Be sure to invite family, friends and non-members. The menu will consist of pork (we are roasting a pig!), hamburgers, veggie burgers and non-alcoholic beverages. Members are asked to bring side dishes/salads/desserts. There will also be beer available (privately purchased). For a donation of $5 you get a refillable cup.

We are excited about the coming year, the 75th year of the National Federation of the Blind, We will be helping in the founding of new chapters of the NFB here in Washington, as well as helping to strengthen our chapter to the north; the SnoKing Chapter. We will also be building our own chapter and raising money to further our programs. We have many issues to work on; including ALL workers in the City’s new $15/hr initiative, ensuring access to accessible voting machines  and testing and access issues in the Seattle Public Schools. We want all or our members to participate and have fun!

Let’s help build the Federation!

See you soon,

Marci Carpenter
mjc59 at comcast.net