[nfbwatlk] Change.org petition to secure Medicare coverage for low vision devices

Elizabeth Rene rene0373 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 17:48:33 UTC 2014

Hello list,
Does anyone know of a petition being circulated to change.org to secure Medicare coverage for low vision devices? Do you know how to link directly to it? I'd like to sign. Thanks.
PS: I understand that Medicare's resistance to this coverage in the past has had to do with a provision for- bidding coverage of anything related to lenses. Does that mean Medicare would pay for text to speech screenreader software or Braille displays? Or does this question deserve a :-)?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth M René
Attorney at Law
WSBA #10710