[nfbwatlk] drive in custodialism

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 19:37:49 UTC 2014

I never get mad at anyone who merely asks if I need help. I only get
snappy if they insist or if they invade my space. It's complicated
during training, though, because generally then students are taught to
decline offered help so they can practice their skills. Sometimes
during training it can be extremely tempting to accept assistance.
However I don't think students are ever encouraged to be rude or go
beyond a simple "no thanks/I'm in training now so I need to figure
this out on my own". Sometimes sighted people may interpret this
response as being rude however.