[nfbwatlk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Live Grand opening

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Aug 29 03:03:50 UTC 2014

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of NFB Live Support via Nfbnet-members-list
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:25 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Live Grand opening

***Announcement Start***

Greetings!

We wish to announce the launch of NFB Live, a  voice chat site hosted by the
National Federation of the Blind of New York.  Our grand opening will be on
Saturday August 30.  The day's activities as of now include games, door
prizes, and a series of special guests and venders.  The day will start at
2:00 PM Eastern with Carl Jacobsen, from the NFB of New York introducing two
distinguished guest speakers, Mister Mark Riccobono, President of the
National Federation of the Blind, and Doctor Marc Maurer, immediate past
president.  Throughout the day, we will have a series of presentations by
several speakers and venders.  At present, we are proud to have Art
Schreiber who will discuss his experiences as one of two American reporters
who travelled with the Beatles during their 1964 US/Canadian tour, and James
Gashel who will discuss the KNFB Reader for iPhones, . We are happy to also
have Dan Parker, blind motorcycle driver, who will tell us about his
adventures driving in the Bonneville Salt Flats.

J.J. Meddaugh from the A T Guys will offer a presentation on his
organization's products, and James Boehm from Kustomcane, will inform us
about his  unique line of canes and accessories. We also will talk with Gail
Smith about Braille greeting cards.  We'll end the night with a few games.

Our most updated schedule will always be found at:

http://www.nfblive.org/grandopening.htm

If you're not signed up to NFB Live yet, go to:

http://www.nfblive.org/join.htm

Fill out the form and within 24 hours you will obtain a username and
password with instructions on how to access the NFB Live chat site.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Carl Jacobsen at:

carl at nfblive.com

or

James Gagnier at:

support at nfblive.com

This day promises to be exciting and informative. We hope to see you there.
Also, please remember that we cannot provide technical support from 5:00 PM
Eastern on Friday  August 29th  until Monday September 1st after 9:00 AM.

Please feel free to distribute this announcement where you see fit.

Thank you,

Carl Jacobsen