[nfbwatlk] FW: [Wcb-l] Blind People now can pack guns in Iowa

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:18:04 UTC 2013

Hi Gloria, I understand your sentiments, although I grew up in a
family where everybody had guns.  My brothers learned gun safety
from my dad and grandfather, but although they were required to
take a Hunter Safety course.  I don't doubt that there are blind
people capable of safely carrying firearms, but if there's a
fight where guns are being shot, I don't want to be an innocent
bystander who gets shot either by a blind person who only sees me
as a blurry figure or the other person whose bullet ricochets off
something and hits me.  My dad and youngest brother wanted me to
get a gun and to know how to use it because at the time I was
living alone.  I had my first Seeing Eye® dog at the time, and
said that if I hit her by mistake I would be heartbroken.  That
ended that discussion.  Thank God.    Peace,    Debby