[nfbwatlk] #KeepUsMoving

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 20:08:59 UTC 2013

Good afternoon advocates,

Thanks for coming to the Arc this morning to discuss plans for improving
accessible transportation in our state. I think we have a lot of work to
do,
but I'm optimistic that by working together we can make this happen.

See below (and attached) for just released information regarding the
statewide listening sessions that are scheduled for September-October. The
times and locations are listed below.  Please try to turn out your
networks
to these sessions. To help with organizing, consider using multiple
hashtags
in your social media postings. For example, if you use #KeepUsMoving
#Everett in your Facebook or Twitter posts, you'll be able to find other
supporters of our effort in Everett and you can coordinate to have a
larger
presence at the Everett listening session. You can also add your own
organization's hashtag (make them up if you don't have one yet) like
#MSactivist or #PovertyAction (I just made this one up). You can also
include your legislative district, such as #LD36 to connect with other
people who may want to lobby your legislators. Using multiple hashtags
will
allow us to bring people together from different areas (#Everett or #LD
44)
from different organizations (#MSActivist or #WCB), for one cause
(#KeepUsMoving).

Stay tuned for an official fact sheet that we'll encourage you to share
with
legislators.

After tomorrow's meeting in Olympia, I'll send out a further report with
further notes, next steps, etc. You all should have received a request to
join a Google group listserv (from jimbof). Please accept that invitation
if
you'd like to be on the listserv to share information related to this
effort.

Thank you for coming and please let me know if you have questions. I look
forward to working with you all to make this a success!

Lastly, thank you to the Directors of Disability Organizations (DDO) for
their help in organizing the meeting and helping with accommodations.

Jim

Jim Freeburg
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
tel         +1 206 284 4254 ext 40237
tel         +1 800 344 4867 press 2 then ext 40237
fax        +1 206 284 4972
Email   Jim.Freeburg at nmss.org
blog     WeMoveMS