[nfbwatlk] FW: NFB Vehicle Donation Program

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Apr 11 04:45:07 UTC 2013

Fellow NFB of Washington members and friends:

Most of you know that the NFB of Washington has had an arrangement with
Volunteers of America of Western Washington to handle vehicle donations to
us since 2005. I have just learned that VOA of Western Washington no longer
handles such donations itself but refers them to its national organization,
Volunteers of America, with which the NFB of Washington does *not* have a
contract. Hence, I deem our arrangement null and void.

Fortunately (see below), the NFB now has a national program such that people
can donate vehicles and other such items to the NFB nationally. Of course,
it has always been the view within NFB that anything that benefits NFB
nationally also benefits the state affiliates, local chapters and state and
national NFB divisions. Thus, unless there are strenuous objections, I
propose to refer all vehicle (boat, tractor, RV, airplane, etc.) donations
to our national program.

I haven't decided yet whether to modify the NFB of Washington web site. In
some ways, it might be beneficial to keep the web site as it is but I can
also see reasons to put a link to the national donation page and the (855)
number on our site.

Comments welcome.

Please read below and, as the message urges, consider ways to promote the
NFB national vehicle donation program.

Thank you.

Mike Freeman, President

NFB of Washington