[nfbwatlk] FW: Job Announcement

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Apr 4 00:51:00 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Wcb-l [mailto:wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org] On Behalf Of Sue Ammeter
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:13 PM
To: wcb-l at wcbinfo.org; 'board'
Subject: [Wcb-l] Job Announcement

I realize that we have a Jobs List-serv but I wanted to give this employment
opportunity a broader circulation:
Executive Director, Job Announcement
About the Washington Access Fund:  The Washington Access Fund is a statewide
nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution ("CDFI") established
by and for individuals with disabilities.  Our mission is to promote access
to technology and economic opportunity for individuals with disabilities
living in Washington state.  The Fund offers affordable financing (low
interest loans and matched savings accounts) for assistive technology needed
for any purpose and for business equipment for employment and
self-employment.  Related client services include tips and advice on
selecting and purchasing assistive technology, referrals to appropriate
vendors and service providers, financial education and help with
microenterprise development including a seven week small business planning
course offered via webinar on a statewide basis.
The Fund's Founding Executive Director is retiring and we are seeking a
strong candidate with vision and passion to assume this role.  We offer a
unique opportunity to work on cutting edge issues with a small (3.3 FTE) but
dedicated staff and fabulous clients - building and delivering an innovative
asset-building program to individuals with a wide range of disabilities.
Website:  http://www.washingtonaccessfund.org
Job Responsibilities
.	Strategic Leadership:  Provide strategic leadership within context
of core organizational values.
.	Vision & Direction:  In collaboration with Board & staff, provide
broad visioning and direction for the Access Fund
.	Fiscal Management:  In collaboration with the Bookkeeper and Board
Treasurer, the Executive Director is responsible for overall financial
management for the Access Fund.  The Fund has assets of approximately $1.4
million and an annual operating budget of approximately $400,000
.	Staff & Board Leadership:  Hire and evaluate staff.  Provide
direction and leadership for Board; Board recruitment and leadership
.	Fundraising:  Generate operating income and loan capital for its
Assistive Technology and Business Equipment Loan Funds and funding for its
Matched Savings Account Programs and Closed Circuit TV Magnifier Rental
Program.  This is a major priority over the next three to five years.
.	Grants Management & Reporting:  Prepare and supervise preparation of
reports for Board and funders. Ensure compliance with all grant
requirements.

Desired Qualifications
.	Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in disability policy and
service delivery, assistive technology, asset building or community
development lending (including micro-enterprise training and development)
.	Demonstrated understanding of related policy issues and barriers to
financial empowerment for low income individuals
.	Strong connections within the disability, asset building and/or
community development "communities"
.	Strong leadership and managerial skills; ability to effectively
exercise collaborative leadership incorporating views of staff, Board and
clients
.	Strong program development and evaluation skills
.	Strong fundraising skills and/or potential to become a strong
fundraiser
.	Excellent people skills; ability to work with diverse populations
.	Strong public speaking skills
.	Strong writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
.	Excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task
.	Ability and availability to travel within and outside of Washington
state
.	Innovative and entrepreneurial!

Salary: Depending upon qualifications with option of health, dental & vision
benefits and simple IRA (matches up to 3% of salary).

FTE:  .6 - 1.0  (Job share a possible option - e.g., with Fundraising staff)
Application Procedure:  Email a resume and cover letter to
edsearch at washingtonaccessfund.org.  In the cover letter, please specifically
address relevant work experience and the reasons for your interest in the
position.
Application Deadline:  April 28, 2013 via email. But please apply early!  We
will be scheduling interviews with qualified candidates prior to the
deadline.
Questions:   Please don't hesitate to contact Executive Director, Frances
Pennell (after April 8, 2013) with questions.  206:328-5116.
Individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply