[nfbwatlk] FW: Resent with apologies 18 Day Voting period begins on Oct. 19th not the 29th Presidential Election is Right Around the Corner Time to Get the Word about Voting and Registering to Vote

Mon Sep 10 21:43:10 UTC 2012

Here's something from the Washington Secretary of State's Office and Tom Allman  the Accessible Voting coordinator:

/s/

Bennett Prows

From: Allman, Tom [mailto:tom.allman at sos.wa.gov]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 2:33 PM

The Presidential Election is right around the corner on Tuesday November 6th,   and the Secretary of State's Elections Division is getting the word out to Voters across our State.

Attached is information from our website about voting and a link to MyVote Promo

Please share this email with  all  staff and the individuals with disabilities that your agency serves and remind them that the last day to register by mail or online is October 8th.

The link for online voting by October 8th is on our website at http://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/
and then to the MyVote link on that page.

The  last day  to register in person is October 29th. So on and after  October 9th they must go to their County Elections Office to register to vote.

*         Also, the 18 Day Voting Period begins on October 19th when Accessible Voting Units are available at all County Election Offices.

We appreciate you  sharing the information with staff and the individuals with disabilities that you serve. Everyone's Vote Counts!

Thanks again,

Tom

Thomas Allman, Ed., J.D.
Accessibility Coordinator