[nfbwatlk] FW: You just never know

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:46:27 UTC 2012

Reminds me of an incident I remember reading about I think in
Florida back in the 80's I believe.  A blind guy was standing at
a bus stop with a folding cane.  The cops thought it was some
kind of martial arts weapon and beat this guy up pretty badly.
If I was walking down the street and somebody yelled Stop, I
probably would think that either they were yelling at someone
else or were going to mug me.  I know that by and large, police
officers do a great job, and I will never withget one in Portland
who went out of his way to be helpful, but not in an overbearing
way.  So I don't want to bash all of them.  But I won't stop just
cuz someone yells to me to stop without identifying themselves as
a police officer first.    Peace,    Debby