[nfbwatlk] FW: RSA agency report cards and sum of ranks

Mello, Michael (DSB) michael.mello at dsb.wa.gov
Mon Oct 8 22:01:23 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: MacKillop, Michael (DSB)
Subject: FW: RSA agency report cards and sum of ranks

HI all:

Here's a patch of good news to be proud of:

RSA annually measures each VR agency on a set of 95 elements, and then ranks the agency among other agencies for each element.  RSA recently released the results for FFY2010.

Among the 24 Blindness VR agencies and 52 general VR agencies, Washington State DSB compared very strongly.

There are a number of elements where we are ranked number 1 among all agencies (Blind and General):

*         Percent of employment outcomes at or above Federal minimum wage

*         Percent that are competitive outcomes

*         Percent of outcomes with earnings

*         Percent of outcomes meeting Substantial Gainful Activity (SGA)

We ranked among the top ten for all agencies in 20 other elements, primarily in areas that focus on the high quality of the employment outcomes.

When all the ranks are summed up, we show as ranked #2 among Blindness agencies overall, behind Kentucky Blind.  The lower the sum in the sum of rankings, the closer to Number One an agency is considered overall among the 24 agencies nationwide.

For those interested in areas for improvement: The areas that we rank lower tend to be in per capita numbers served and expenditures.

I wasn't certain that RSA was continuing to release this data, and I am pleased that they are, and that we remain firmly high in ranking among Blind agencies - and VR agencies in general.  I appreciate our collective attention to quality, individualized and meaningful employment goals for our customers.

Sincerely,

Michael MacKillop

DSB Assistant Director - Customer Services Unit

3411 S Alaska Street

Seattle, WA 98118

206-906-5520

Michael.mackillop at dsb.wa.gov <mailto:Michael.mackillop at dsb.wa.gov>