[nfbwatlk] belated Happy Thanksgiving

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Thu Nov 29 21:22:02 UTC 2012

Thanks, Debbie.

If you do another Canadian trip, please put Kelowna, and the Gabias home, on
your agenda.

I hope you're enjoying your time at CCB.  I hear it's both challenging and
fun, more fun on some days and more challenging on others.

We just got some very disappointing news from the British Columbia
government.  Well, to be completely accurate, we just got ignored by the
British Columbia government.  We testified at the Budget Consultation
committee hearings about the need to send five blind individuals to NFB
centers as a proof of concept pilot project.  The committee's final report
was released; the only mention of our issue was listing Paul and me among
those who had testified.  It's really depressing and makes me mad enough to
go furiously public!

On a happier note, the library system in Canada is finally acknowledging our
existence and agreeing that they're responsible to serve us.  One step
forward and one step back.

Good luck in Colorado!  I know you're extremely busy, so don't feel obliged
to answer.

Mary Ellen