[nfbwatlk] FW: [Electronics-talk] NY website Theft

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 01:01:19 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Julie Phillipson
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 4:18 PM
To: Wilber Webb; Romeo EDMEAD; Ray Wayne; Mindy Jacobsen; Mike Robinson;
Margo and Arrow; Lucy Marr; Elaine Rink; Ed White; David r. Stayer; Chancey
FLEET; carl Jacobsen; Angie Robinson; JULIE PHILLIPSON
Subject: [Electronics-talk] NY website Theft

Good evening all.

Comments on the following are welcome.

If any of you have been to our web site, www.nfbny.org in the last day or
two you may have noticed a change.  That web address now points to an eBay
listing showing our domain name for sale.  This is certainly not the case.

The address www.nfbny.org was donated to us by a member 9 years ago and that
former member has now hijacked the address and is attempting to extort money
from us for it's continued use.

The name "National federation of the blind" and "Nfb" and, "nfbny" are
trademarks of our organization and, as such, belongs to us.  We are taking
whatever steps necessary to secure our web presence.

In the interim, our web site may be accessed through the address
www.blindnewyorkers.org and www.blindnewyorkers.com.

The stealing of our web address name also impacts our ability to use any
email boxes ending in @nfbny.org.  Any correspondence with the Nfb of New
York may be made through Carl Jacobsen's personal email address or through
this address, buffnfb at gmail.com.

When donating a house or other asset to an organization, what type of person
tried to sell the asset years later?  We are working to resolve this
situation and appreciate your patience.

Carl Jacobsen, president, Nfb of ny
Mike Robinson, webmaster
Julie Phillipson