[nfbwatlk] FW: [nfbcs] Braille support goes Android with Mobile Accessibility

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 06:52:07 UTC 2012

>Braille support goes Android with MA
>

>Braille support goes Android with Mobile Accessibility, just in time
>for Sight City in Frankfurt
>

>Code Factory's Mobile Accessibility: first ever software application
>that allows the use of a Braille display on Android!
>

>Terrassa (Barcelona), Spain, May 24th 2012
>
>After launching Mobile Accessibility in March 2011 and with more than
>35.000 downloads worldwide, Code Factory has worked for months to make
>Braille display usage possible with the product. Once more, we have
>listened to our customers and turned their desires into reality.
>
>"Based on the tremendous response from our customers, we have been more
>than motivated to keep improving this product and make the impossible
>possible: add Braille support for the first time on this platform" says
>Eduard Sanchez, CEO.  "Our ambition is to keep improving our products
>and keep up with the constant OS updates and add new features that add
>value to our products."
>
>This free upgrade is available for all our customers, whether purchased
>in Google from one of our distributors, the free download version of
>AT&T Mobile Accessibility Lite from AT&T, or Wireless Accessibility
>from Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA. It includes the
>following Braille features:
>

>a.    Use the power of a Braille display in the same way as on a
>computer and similar to what is available with Mobile Speak 4 and above.
>b.    Enabling a solution for Deaf Blind users to be able to use
>Android devices for the first time.
>c.    Ability to use various grades, including grade 1 / 2 and
>computer Braille for both input and output.
>d.    Option to disable speech when Braille is turned on, allowing
>users to work in silent environments like meetings.
>

>Devices of the following Braille device manufacturers are supported:
>Baum, Eurobraille, Freedom Scientific, Handytech, HIMS, Humanware and
Optelec.

1030778&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.codefactory.es%2Fen%2Fmanuals.asp%3Fid%
3D89%23family_ma>http://www.codefactory.es/en/manuals.asp?id=89#family_ma.
>For technical assistance, please submit a ticket through our Help Desk
>at
><http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=2163306&msgid=122432&act=DW2E&c=
1030778&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.codefactory.cat%2Fhelpdesk%2F>http://ww
w.codefactory.cat/helpdesk/.

>To lear
>
>For more information, feel free to contact Code Factory S.L.:
>Code Factory, S.L., C/ Major 19, 2-3, 08221 Terrassa (Barcelona)
><http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=2163306&msgid=122432&act=DW2
>E&c=1030778&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.codefactory.cat%2Fhelpdesk%2F>
>HelpDesk, www.codefactory.es Code Factory, S.L. - 2012
>

>This message was sent to david.andrews at nfbnet.org from:
>
>Code Factory, S.L. | Major, 19, 2-3 | Terrassa, Barcelona 08221, Spain
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbcs_nfbnet.org/lawnmower84%40hotmail.com

-----
No virus found in this message.

-----