[nfbwatlk] eye exams for doctors

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 19:52:30 UTC 2012

Mary Ellen, I think that's all well and good for certain types of
physicians, but a radiologist?  That's their main job to look at
x rays, and mammmography screenings, etc.  That isn't something
that you can touch to know.  I would have no trouble going to a
blind physician if he/she was an internal medicine doc, a family
practice doc, or something like that.  But I'd be upset if I
found out that a radiologist who had impaired vision had read and
mis-diagnosed breast cancer that I had, if that were ever to
happen.  Now if some technology is invented that would make a
"sound" for x rays and mammography screens, that would be
different.  I'm not ready nor are trucks equipped, for blind
truck drivers on the road yet, either.  We do need to use some
common sense here.    Peace,    Debby