[nfbwatlk] FW: Braille Menus for Hamburger Harry's

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 04:28:56 UTC 2012

Hi Humberto, well, that would be nice, but I'm afraid not
realistic.  In the town I live in, this one restaurant did put
their menu in Braille.  We patronized it a lot.  We were gone for
a winter and came back and it had closed and someone else owned
it.  Now, a year later there's a third restaurant there now, the
second one went out of business.  But it's great when a
restaurant does have a Braille menu.  The ADA does require that a
restaurant make a "reasonable accommodation" so that could be the
waitress reading the menu.  Of course, most people aren't going
to want to read you the whole menu so it's good if you : some
kind of idea what category of food you are wanting.  But when I
get a Braille menu I read it from cover to cover.  My husband
teases me and says I'd read a cereal box if it was in Braille.
(I probably would).  Lol.    Peace,    Debby