[nfbwatlk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: The Braille Monitor and the last Cassette Edition

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Jan 13 03:12:25 UTC 2012

Noel:

I suspect you're going to the page for the particular Monitor and
downloading specific articles, in which case, you'll get exactly what you
describe. But at the end of the Monitor, there are links for a zipped DAISY
version and a zipped MP3 version. This latter has zipfile members consisting
of the various MP3 files. So you'd download the zipfile and unzip its
contents into a folder for that particular Monitor edition and then put that
folder in the $VROtherBooks folder on your Stream's SD card. How you do this
depends upon what unzipping client, if any, you are using. In the Windows
default zipfile explorer, clicking on the downloaded zipfile will put you
inside it where it looks as if you have a folder with all the articles. Hit
Control-A to select all the articles, then hit Control-C to copy to
clipboard. Now hit backspace to get out of the zipfile and perhaps hit
Control-space so nothing is selected. Then go to the Files menu (I presume
you're in My Computer or Windows Explorer), then to NEW, then to Folder. Hit
ENTER and you'll be in and edit box for the folder name. Name as
appropriate, then hit ENTER and you'll be inside your new folder which will
be empty. Now hit Control-V and all the files will be pasted into your
folder. Now hit backspace to get out of it and copy that folder to your
$VROtherBooks folder on the SD card.

If, like me, you have WinRAR, you just point to the zipfile, hit the
Applications Key and choose "Extract to <name of doler>" where this is the
name of the zipfile. All the members will go into the folder and, as before,
you copy or cut to clipboard and copy to your Stream.

Clear as mud?

Mike