[nfbwatlk] FW: [Blindtlk] Looking for community service stories

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Feb 2 02:56:33 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of community service Outreach
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:50 PM
To: blindtlk; nfb-talk; nabs-l
Subject: [Blindtlk] Looking for community service stories

 Hello, everyone,

Please pass the following announcement on to anyone you think would be
interested.

February begins National Green Week*, and spring is also the time for
the Great American Cleanup**. With this in mind and with spring and
warmer weather approaching, throughout February the Community Service
Group is looking for stories about your outdoor or green community
service experiences to feature on its blog at
nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com.

Have you helped to plant a garden? Cleaned up a section of highway?
Worked on a recycling project? We want to hear about it!

You can start sending in your stories on February 1. Stories should be
no more than 500 words. Stories should be submitted by February 20 to
ensure inclusion in the blog during the month of February, but this is
a month-long event. In keeping with the theme, we want to feature
stories throughout the month, so feel free to send them in any time
between now and the 20th. Send stories as an attachment or in the body
of a message to Christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net. Be sure to include
your name, state, and a title with each submission. I look forward to
reading about your experiences.

*National Green Week is an initiative created by the Green Education
Fund. More information about National Green Week can be found at
http://www.greeneducationfoundation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=se
ction&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=223.

**The Great American Cleanup is an initiative created by Keep America
Beautiful. More information about the Great American Cleanup can be
found at http://www.kab.org/site/PageServer?pagename=gaclanding.

Chris Parsons
Blog Coordinator, Community Service Group