[nfbwatlk] Great Holiday party

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Mon Dec 17 18:57:13 UTC 2012

Thank you to all who came out in the cold to attend the Greater Seattle NFB chapter Holiday party. We had about 35 people in attendance, including some who were new to the Federation. I think it was a huge success! There was much good food, laughter and Federation cheer. It was good to see Tom and Julie from Snohomish County and Marty, Chris and some of their kids from Port Orchard. In all we had 3 families with children where at least one parent is blind. Four teachers of blind kids were there; Michael, Sarah and Dianne who are chapter members, and Chris from Portland who was in town job-hunting and who spoke at our state convention. Many interesting gifts were exchanged. We may have our party at the Rock Bottom in the coming years, perhaps even in a larger room.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season filled with family and friends. Here's to the year ahead! May our Federation grow larger and stronger!

Marci Carpenter