[nfbwatlk] FW: What I'm grateful for as we enter the holiday season

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 23:21:59 UTC 2012

From: Betsy Beaumon, Bookshare
[mailto:Betsy_Beaumon_Bookshare at mail.vresp.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:17 PM
To: avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Subject: What I'm grateful for as we enter the holiday season

Dear Humberto

As we enter this holiday season, I want to extend my appreciation to the
more than 230,000 people with print disabilities who use Bookshare to bring
the joys of reading and learning into their lives.  Members of Bookshare
help provide the feedback and funding we need to continually improve and
expand our service.

I'm grateful for the volunteers who proofread our books and  increasingly
provide image descriptions for our titles so that science, math, and other
graphical elements of books can come alive for all of our readers.

I'm thankful for our ever-growing library, which now exceeds 170,000 titles
and has something for everyone.

At Benetech, we are extremely grateful for the federal funding that allows
us to provide Bookshare memberships to all qualified U.S. students for free.
But we are mindful of those who would benefit from Bookshare and whose
memberships are not covered under this funding. Perhaps they are American
veterans whose wounds have limited their ability to read. Or senior citizens
who are experiencing an age-related loss of vision. Or children in other
countries where funding for Bookshare is unavailable. If you, like us, wish
that every person with a print disability, whether student or not, whether
in the U.S. or abroad, could enjoy a Bookshare membership if they desire
one, we invite you to
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Benetech/102de54dee/5ecfeac87e/7f858a4b5f/npoSubscr
iptionId=1006221> consider making a donation to help us achieve this goal.
Your gift, of any amount, will make a difference.

<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Benetech/102de54dee/5ecfeac87e/2f14715ae8/npoSubscr
iptionId=1006221> Donate Now

If you know others who appreciate the value of Bookshare and may also want
to help others enjoy it, please take a moment to forward this email to them.

Warmest wishes to you and your family for a healthy and happy holiday
season,

Betsy Beaumon
Vice President & General Manager, Benetech Literacy Team

P.S. A tax deductible
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Benetech/102de54dee/5ecfeac87e/045a6ed48f/npoSubscr
iptionId=1006221> donation from you or someone you know will help ensure
that Bookshare reaches  more of those who need it.  Thank you again for all
you do.

 Bookshare logo
<http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/media/d/f/c/dfcaab6f52/102de54dee/d1c84d
70ff/library/BKS-Celebrating10yrs-orange.jpg>

  _____

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message
with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following
link:  <http://cts.vresp.com/u?102de54dee/5ecfeac87e/mlpftw> Unsubscribe
  _____

Benetech
480 S. California Ave., Suite 201