[nfbwatlk] FW: NFB stand on Blind Child Area signs?

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 19:44:35 UTC 2012

Yes, it is all in the human and how he/she understands the environment. I
understood using the rigid cane how far out from under the round table the
cane could lay under my foot so it would never go beyond mid chair I was
sitting in. I have stood it up behind me onn a wall, as I did not know how
long the wall was, and the narrow restaurant    table would never be long or
wide enough to accommodate the long cane. Kind of like trying to put a
seventy pound dog under one of those narrow bar tables, impossible. You have
to understand the cues of the environment and be able and willing to
interpret them. Also asking the right questions discretely.

Becky Frankeberger
Butterfly Knitting

Custom-made knit throws, shawls, and more!

Phone: 360-426-8389
E-mail: becky at ButterflyKnitting.com
Website: www.ButterflyKnitting.com