[nfbwatlk] Am I being too sensitive

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 03:27:31 UTC 2012

Thanks Kaye.  I think I will partially answer your questions.
Only because it helps me to think about things-you know, some of
us women have to verbalize stuff.  (Grin).  So i'm not totally
sure what his attitude about blindness is.  On occasion when we
have gone somewhere and I've chosen to leave Lamar home, he has
gotten out of the car and just walked away.  I've had to call him
back, and ask him, So where are we going?  He would say, Oh, you
know, I forget you're blind and just expect that you'll come
along".  Now, I could take that as complimentary, and perhaps
that's how he means it, and that's how I've chosen to look at it.
But even so there's always something that doesn't feel quite
right about it.  I just can't put my finger on what that is right
now.  As far as Colorado, yes, he supports me going.  But I think
he's a little nervous about how it will change the dynamics of
our relationship.  Thanks,    Debby