[nfbwatlk] SUB MINIMUM WAGE

PUBLIC RADIO 113 publicradio113 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:16:04 UTC 2012

Would you hire a driver who only drove 20 miles/hour on the freeway?  If
any of you reading this ever ran a business of your own you would realize
that you cannot afford to hire workers who are less productive.  When I
began my medical transcription career in Chicago I earned far less than
minimum wage because I was paid on the basis of the work I could turn out
in an 8-hour day.  It took a while for me to get my typing speed up to 120
words/minute, but I did.  After 30 years of being an MT I retired in June.
 I made $50,000 last year WITH BENEFITS.  People who are so disabled that
they cannot compete can always use SSDI, low-cost housing, food stamps,
etc.,  to supplement their income.  It should not be up to the employer to
provide a subsidy for disabled workers.   Let's pay congress what they're
worth.

--
Paul Van Dyck

www.publicradio113.weebly.com