[nfbwatlk] FW: ILRUSurvey: AssistiveTechnology forPeople With Disabilities

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 22:13:49 UTC 2012

Ah Mike, if no one had dreams we wouldn't have space ships.
(Grin).  You are a pragmatist which is great, we who dream need
to have people who can bring us back to reality sometimes, but if
dreams die then I think we die a little.  (Now, I'm not just
talking about Braille and notetakers, but what become our
passions.  As for computers and all, I'm no techie.  I can only
tell those who are what my desires are.  And in the end, people
like me do buy products.  My Apex won't last forever and I will
be in search of a new product to replace it with when it ceases
to function.  Will I get everything I want?  Probably not.  But
maybe by throwing my ideas out there somebody who IS a techie and
wants to improve things will hear me and others like me and say,
Okay, this is a challenge I want to pursue.  I'm glad that so
like Thomas Edison, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, pursued their dreams.
I'm glad that I had the opportunity to use `VersaBraille, Braille
'n Speak, and the Braille Lite, and now the Apex.  Each of these
products have paved the way for what may come as new products.
Peace,    Debby