[nfbwatlk] FW: ILRU Survey: Assistive Technology forPeople With Disabilities

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 04:39:37 UTC 2012

Mike, for folks who use notetakers, links with multiple lines
don't work.  Most really accessible websites have a little mark
that indicates a link and you can just enter en that link.  I
don't know about the Braille Sense, or other notetakers, but I
know that the Apex will not work on links with multiple lines.
Usually if I want to read something I have to go to Google and
search for the key words.  Google has the link markers and then
it's easy to go to a link.  But many times I just say, forget it.
Normally you should be able to hit the enter key and go to that
link.  When you do that with links that have lots of stuff around
them the Apex announces that the file is protected.  I could be
missing something in terms of a way to work around this using the
Apex, but I don't know of one.  Maybe somebody who's a techie and
has trained folks using the Apex could tell me if there's a work
around for this.      Debby