[nfbwatlk] Mentoring for Blind Youth

Denise Mackenstadt dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 16:54:15 UTC 2011

The National Federation of the Blind of WA

presents

A Mentoring Weekend for Blind Youth

Three days of participating in a program for blind youth, ages 15 to 21 to have an opportunity to spend time with successful blind adults.

Friday, October 21 to
Sunday, October 23

Hilton Hotel, Vancouver, Washington

The National Federation of the Blind is the largest organization of blind people in the country.  We work extensively on programs to help blind youth to be involved in their community and to be successful blind adults.

The NFB of Washington state convention will be held in Vancouver, Washington at the Hilton Hotel the weekend of October 21, 22, 23.   Blind youth are invited to be our guests and to participate in the weekend activities.

For more information and registration contact Denise Mackenstadt, Coordinator of Youth Activities, at (206) 419-9555 or email at cane.travel at gmail.com.

We encourage families to attend and learn from successful blind adults what the potential is for their blind children to be successful.

Denise Mackenstadt