[nfbwatlk] WCBS 880 New York Just After First Tower Was Hit

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Sep 13 02:20:17 UTC 2011

Wow! I had WTOP on when the plane hit the Pentagon but don't have a
recording of it. I had just gotten cable television so had CNN on TV, the
local NPR station on the radio and alternated between WTOP and the BBC on my
computer. WTOP said all Federal employees were to stay at home and I wasn't
sure whether this meant just in the district of Columbia or throughout the
U.S. So I called up BPA' CSM (control system monitor) and he said *everyone*
was to stay home.

What a day!

Mike