[nfbwatlk] FW: Founding Meeting for a New Transit Advocacy Organization: Saturday, September 10th

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 03:31:47 UTC 2011

 Hello Everyone,

The next Save Our Metro meeting will be on Saturday, September 10th at 3:45
in the Greenwood
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Greenwood+Public+Library,+Greenwood+Avenue+No
rth,+Seattle,+WA&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.352165,79.013672&vpsrc
=0&z=12> Public Library meeting room. On this date we are formally founding
a new organization, so that we can get right to work the following week!

We will come to the meeting with a proposal, to be amended as necessary and
ratified by the group. This proposal will be based on the many discussions,
meetings, and workshops we have had with many of you over the last several
weeks. Three main items will be decided upon. First, the name, overall
mission, and points of unity of the new organization. Second, a plan for the
next campaign and how to build up our forces. Third, the structure of the
organization and the immediate actions we need to take to get things
rolling.

The founding meeting will be no longer than an hour and a half - not a lot
of time! For this reason, it is important that as much of the discussion and
amendment as possible take place before the meeting. We will send out a
draft of the proposal by the end of this week. If you want to participate in
the founding process, you should read it and communicate your thoughts,
criticisms, and suggestions to us. We will incorporate this feedback into a
more finished product in time for Saturday's meeting.

One name on the table for the organization is King County Transportation
Action. Let us know if you have other ideas!!

Scott and Katie

  _____

.

Try free scan!