[nfbwatlk] Sno/King meeting notes

Julie Warrington jdwtlc at frontier.com
Wed Oct 12 23:19:00 UTC 2011

Hello all,
Wanted to thank the members in attendance at last nights meeting.
We heard the treasurers report from Ben Prous.
Gary mackenstadt gave us a brief update of Duane and Carol smith, our president and Secretary.  They are having some health issues and were unable to attend.  our thoughts and prayers out to them.
We listened to the October presidential release.
Denise Mackenstadt gave us a quick overview of the event Port Angeles this Saturday 10am-4pm.  A collective group with affiliate agencies to bring awareness of blind related issues and possibilities.  all are welcome to come and check it out.
it will be held at the armory Square / bldg.
Bennet Prous Shared the details of the upcoming state convention in Vancouver.  Hope to see as many members from all over the state.  Will be informative and fun to meet.  Hope to see many attend.
Julie Warrington gave a brief explanation of the ribbon cutting ceremony at the Lion's park last week.  This was the first in the nation to have Braille / tactile maps and signs throughout the park.  Also the revolutionary click and go wave map system.  This will allow audio description and direction to find any / all park activities.  Victor Harris and his guide dog Dolly were there to demonstrate the new features.
The park is located on 75th just off Evergreen Way in Everett.  This could be the first step to a very exciting way to allow the blind / visually impaired and deaf blind to get the most out of this park and future activities.
Want to thank our guest speaker,  Mike Mellow for coming to share with us some basic information and knowledge of smart technology consumer ideas.  We appreciate Mike taking time out of his personal schedule to help enlighten us.
Meeting was adjourned.
thank you all for attending. Hope to see everyone next month and at the state convention as well.
Julie Warrington / VP