[nfbwatlk] Talk Show Tomorrow Night, October 12, at 6:00

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:00:13 UTC 2011

Hi MIKE, Although we have gone to vote by mail, there is no
reason that someone can't go to a voting site, as at least in
Stevens County one may still drop ballots off.  The first "! that
I was able to vote totally privately without anyone reading my
ballot to me or knowing how I voted, tears came to my eyes.
Never since the time I was 18 and voted for the first time have I
been able to vote secretly and independently.  The first time I
voted I went with my mother and she helped me to vote.  The
second time I went to vote, I was alone and I had the indignity
of having the poll worker who was going to help me vote, plus a
member of each party.  So there we were, the four of us,
scrunched in to a voting booth.  The women from each party were
not exactly thrilled to be scrunched in to that booth either,
each watching what was happening.  It was a circus.  Totally.  I
agree with you, vote by mail is so well, just not right.  I bet
someday they'll have a system where you can call in your vote.
Yuk!  Sorry I'm rambling.    Debby