[nfbwatlk] Fwd: What I will miss most about theradioreadingservice

Porter, Gregg gregg.porter at sos.wa.gov
Fri Oct 7 18:20:56 UTC 2011

Possible Closure of the Evergreen Radio Reading Service (ERRS)

Governor Gregoire asked all Washington State government agencies to
submit proposals for 5% and 10% cut scenarios to the current budget.  As
part of the Washington State Library and the Office of the Secretary of
State, WTBBL was required to participate in this process.

The proposed cuts were submitted to the Governor and the Office of
Financial Management on September 22, 2011.  Closing down the Evergreen
Radio Reading Service was a part of our agency's cut scenarios.

The Governor has called the legislature in for a special session
beginning in November.  While we don't know what the final outcome will
be, we want you to be aware that the possible closure of ERRS is on the
table.

Sincerely,

Danielle Miller
WTBBL Director
Program Manager
Washington Talking Book & Braille Library
2021 9th Ave., Seattle, WA 98121-2783
p: 206.615.1588 / f: 206.615.0441
danielle.miller at sos.wa.gov
www.wtbbl.org / www.facebook.com/WTBBL