[nfbwatlk] Oregon looks to iPad to makevoting easierforthose with disabilities, The Oregonian, November 7 2011

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Nov 11 16:55:43 UTC 2011

Yeah ... my ex and I, although of the same political frame of mind,
cancelled each others' votes out regularly, even at NFB conventions. (grin)

I'm not knocking your wish to do as much independently as you can. But was
it worth it to society to spend all that money on voting equipment when very
soon thereafter, damned near all the states went vote-by-mail? Wasn't it a
case of fighting the *last* war (as the French were always accused of)
rather then the present one?

I'm not knocking the policy -- after all, it was NFBW that caused the state
version of the voting access bill to be introduced -- but I think it's fair,
philosophically-speaking, to ask if we didn't demand something we truly
didn't need (unlike, say, access to office equipment or home appliances).

Mike