[nfbwatlk] FW: [Jobs] Job posting: NFB - Director of Outreach Programs, Baltimore, MD
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Nov 10 16:06:59 CST 2011
Another cool opportunity!
From: jobs-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:jobs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Hai Nguyen Ly
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:36 PM
To: Jobs for the Blind
Cc: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: [Jobs] Job posting: NFB - Director of Outreach Programs, Baltimore, MD
Director of Outreach Programs National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
* Plan and facilitate programs of marketing, outreach, and strategic relationship building for the National Federation of the Blind under the direction of the executive director for the NFB Jernigan Institute;
* Research and make recommendations regarding new outreach opportunities;
* Oversee logistics and execution of special events;
* Facilitate relationships that establish new opportunities for blind people across the country;
* Plan and implement ongoing programs of support;
* Manage project resources;
* Develop program communications and integrate messaging across organizational resources;
* Perform community outreach for the organization;
* Assist in the implementation of direct service to blind people across the country.
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Experience in marketing, business, communications, public relations, or areas requiring similar skills
* Energy, enthusiasm, and an ability to relate to and work closely with many diverse individuals
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Ability to manage and motivate team members
* Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
* A passion to change what it means to be blind
* Ability to be self-motivated and results-oriented
The director of outreach programs will work from the national headquarters of the National Federation of the Blind in the South Federal Hill neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland. The NFB is the nation's oldest, largest, and most influential membership organization of blind persons. The membership of 50,000 belongs through over 700 local chapters of state affiliates in all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. The NFB is a consumer and advocacy organization seeking to help blind persons achieve self-confidence and self-respect and to act as a vehicle for collective self-expression by the blind. The successful applicant must be able to articulate persuasively the mission, vision and philosophy of the NFB.
Applicants should send, preferably via e-mail, a résumé and cover letter indicating salary requirements to: Anthony Cobb, Director of Human Resources, National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230; telephone 410-659-9314, ext. 2281; fax 410-685-5653; e-mail Acobb at nfb.org<mailto:Acobb at nfb.org> <mailto:Acobb at nfb.org>. The National Federation of the Blind is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the nfbwatlk