[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Our Moment

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:42:48 UTC 2011

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rkGm4bkcmejTZ9i3uPh2v
Z19Ylly7AW3> Streets for All Seattle

This is our moment.

Last year, you joined Streets For All Seattle in an ambitious campaign to
achieve our shared goal of making walking, biking and transit the easiest
ways for people to get around Seattle by securing $30 million in dedicated
annual revenue.

After putting the pieces in place to get it done this year, we need your
help.

The City Council has less than three weeks to decide whether or not they are
going to give Seattle voters the opportunity this November to approve a
package of transportation investments that reflects our values and will make
our city work for the future.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aUdy0WVldzOuQswNzdIm7
519Ylly7AW3>
Tell the City Council to give us our opportunity to vote for a better
transportation future.

As you probably remember, last year Streets For All Seattle worked closely
with the City Council to create a Transportation Benefit District to fund
pedestrian and bicycle improvements and support basic street maintenance,
and to form the Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee III (CTAC III) to
advise the Council on further transportation priorities.

On July 15th, CTAC III delivered their final funding recommendations to the
Council. CTAC III recommended a package that, if approved by Seattle voters,
would generate approximately $27 million in dedicated annual revenue for
walking, biking and transit infrastructure, along with significant money for
fixing our streets - funded through an $80 annual vehicle license fee.

It's taken thousands of emails, hundreds of public testimonies, and
uncountable hours of hard work from people like you to get us to this far.
This is our moment. Let's get this done. Let's build a better transportation
future for Seattle.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=n0Xl%2FKbGXQL2DtoD4Ih
7bJ19Ylly7AW3>
Tell the City Council to give us our opportunity to vote for a better
transportation future.

Want to do more than email the Council?

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BryVyF897YAdZKRDI9vJH
J19Ylly7AW3>
Join us at 6pm on Wednesday, August 10th at a Seattle Transportation Benefit
District Public Hearing and tell the Council in person that Seattle voters
deserve the opportunity this November to vote for a better transportation
future.

Thank you for everything that you do,

Craig M. Benjamin and Brice Maryman
Co-Chairs
Streets For All Seattle

  _____

You're getting this email because you signed up for updates or to volunteer
on our website, or because of our relationship. We do not sell or otherwise
share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kyBbqDOioVs2RZlwQWloo
519Ylly7AW3> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all email.

 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa
  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=585536355>

  _____

.