[nfbwatlk] Network News: Living on a low-income? We want to hear from you.

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Jul 27 15:17:19 UTC 2011

From: Olson, Toby [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:05 PM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: Network News: Living on a low-income? We want to hear from you.

From: Statewide Poverty Action Network [mailto:info at povertyaction.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:18 AM
To: Olson, Toby

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC4BC4.21168920]

Take Action: Virtual Listening Session

Over the past two months, Poverty Action has traveled across the state to hear from people with low incomes. From Spokane to Port Angeles, we’ve heard about  the most pressing issues facing our communities and have gathered feedback on how we can best strengthen the voices of low-income people at the state capitol.

Now we need your input. Even if you weren’t able to attend a listening session, we want to hear from you. We need your help to develop our public policy agenda. Participate in our virtual listening session and tell us what you think by filling out our online questionnaire<http://statevoices.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ksZztwdI%2Fjt6HmzAO4gynQ%3D%3D>. The information you give us informs our requests to lawmakers and we will use your stories to show our representatives a more realistic picture of what it means to be living on a low income.

Save the Date: September 8, 2011

[http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/katepovertyaction/15-Anniversary.jpg]You've helped us accomplish a lot over the past 15 years! From the creation of Individual Development Accounts, to our groundbreaking Vote For A Change campaign, to this year's Foreclosure Mediation Law, Poverty Action has been working hard to eliminate the root causes of poverty and ensure all people can meet their basic needs and access opportunities to prosper.

Save the date for our 15th Anniverary Celebration on September 8, 2011 at the Northwest African American Museum. Please join us to celebrate our achievements and support our work as we move forward. More information is coming soon!

Useful Links

 *   Our Website<http://statevoices.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gWz0Qq0QiMvt5WlMuM0n8p8YdQxyCzZa>
 *   Take Action<http://statevoices.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1k4%2BymGLfOnt5WlMuM0n8p8YdQxyCzZa>
 *   Donate<http://statevoices.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9NlughYUhH7t5WlMuM0n8p8YdQxyCzZa>
 *   Volunteer<http://statevoices.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p%2BxfAlZv%2Fyft5WlMuM0n8p8YdQxyCzZa>
Event Calendar

Yakima Advocacy Training        And Lawmaker Meeting        Wed., July 27, 10:00-12:00pm People for People           302/304 W Lincoln Ave, Yakima

Hempfest Voter Reg. Drive August 19-21, 2011          Seattle Water Front          Contact Senait<mailto:senait at povertyaction.org?subject=I'm%20interested%20in%20registering%20voters%20at%20HempFest> for more info

15th Aniversary Celebration September 8, 2011, 6:30pm NW African American Museum 2300 S. Massachusetts Street Seattle, WA 98144

Looking for more info?   Contact us at 1-866-789-7726 info at povertyaction.org

You are subscribed to the Statewide Poverty Action Network.