[nfbwatlk] Some other possibilities for chants the protest today

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Jul 26 22:39:47 UTC 2011

NFB of Washington Talk listers:

I had an enjoyable and rewarding time today at the informational protest chanting and singing with my colleagues about the subminimum wage issue.  I appreciate the commitment of my colleagues, Mike Mello, Marcy Carpenter, Mark Adreon, and Jacob Struiksma as well as my immediate family, Jim and kids, and my cousin Robin, and the folks from the Alliance.

We complimented each other's strengths.  My favorite chant was:

"Tell Patty Murray to vote no, sub minimum wages have got to go!"

King 5 television came at the beginning of our protest.

when I got back to the office, I spoke with Dan Frye who had attended today's protest in Baltimore.  He  relayed to me ideas for a few other chants should we get the chance!

"this is not the middle ages, just pay the minimum wages!"

"If the worker does the time, he should earn more than a dime!"

"Going to jail in stages in support of minimum wages."

Noel