[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Uplifting News from Team TCC (plus we are hiring)!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 05:17:12 UTC 2011

 TCC banner
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/Fundraising%20template%20im
ages/Header.jpg>

 	 April 2011

 Transportation Action!
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/sub-banner-newsevents.jpg>

Uplifting News from Team TCC

Dear supporters,

Our office is humming with lots of good news and we wanted to give you a
quick update.  More than anything we just want to say thank you for
supporting us and allowing us to make an impact on transportation policy in
Washington!

 Legislative Session Comes to an End:

As you probably heard the regular session of legislative session came to an
end last Friday.  While a special session still looms to finish the general
operating budget, the transportation budget and the most of bills that we
care about are finalized.

In great news we passed the complete streets bill with the help of our
sponsor Rep. Jim Moeller and many other legislative supporters.  House
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ivcHGg59K096UA%2BKx4j
DJoGIebIz7%2BaF> Bill 1071 will set up a framework for a complete streets
grant program in Washington State and direct WSDOT to apply complete streets
principals to their projects inside of cities.

In other news, the emergency local transit funding bill (Senate
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0PvWG2UYNSyJF4mRmCwQV
IGIebIz7%2BaF> Bill 5457) passed out of the Legislature late last week.
Originally this bill would have given temporary funding to address the bus
cuts crises in Pierce, King, and Snohomish Counties.  Unfortunately, in the
end it only applied to King County, but we are still happy to see the
Legislature give the King County Council options other than cutting up to
22% of our state's largest transit system.  This bill does not solve the
long term problem, is a temporary funding source, and does not help agencies
outside of King County.  We'll be working hard with the Legislature again
next year to find long-term sustainable funding for all of our transit
agencies.

Both of these bills were top priorities during our Transportation Advocacy
Day.  For those of you who attended or sent e-mails throughout the session,
thank you for helping us pass these important priorities!

Job Announcement:

Transportation Choices Coalition is hiring a new membership manager. This
person will develop and manage a robust individual member program at TCC.
Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RaDrhibCncKsQR3C8HFO8
IGIebIz7%2BaF> here for more information and please send good people our
way.

Thanks for all that you do,

Andrew Austin
Field Director
Transportation Choices Coalition

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kCp35HDM5Xm5LY3Y8YWgF
4GIebIz7%2BaF> Find Us on Facebook
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hZ4htuhJODRnjqvQZKIh%
2FYGIebIz7%2BaF> Subscribe to Action Alerts

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition,please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BppeFSxch3unTZYiGupuw
4GIebIz7%2BaF> unsubscribe here. If you do not currently get our email
Action Alerts,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AI79KJySh2RL6ArlDTmc6
oGIebIz7%2BaF> please sign up here.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LitJv7qrUPgMCCWiviqt3