[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Help us Push Emergency Transit Funding Over the Finish Line

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:24:59 UTC 2011

 TCC banner
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/Fundraising%20template%20im
ages/Header.jpg>

	April 2011

 Transportation Action!
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/sub%20banner%20copy.gif>

Help us Push Emergency Transit Funding Over the Finish Line

 istockphoto <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/theo.jpg>

Last week we asked you to help us get Senate
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z3FMRZFfI0oG8vqLJOOGa
bcYFtOojONk> Bill 5457 out of the House.  You did it! The House approve the
bill late last week thank to all of your hard work!

The House made changes to the bill and the bill went to a conference
committee to negotiate the differences between the House and Senate
versions.  A compromise has been reached on the legislation in the
conference committee.  This is great news!

Now the House and Senate need to do one more "yes" vote on the legislation
before it becomes a law.  Can you
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sI7NcWPGRpeI458%2BW61
V07cYFtOojONk>  help us one more time to save bus service in King County?

Senate
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q8fjQIVTC7mydytfMbHZX
7cYFtOojONk> Bill 5457 would give emergency funding to King County Metro to
help the stave off cuts equivalent in size to all of Metro's service in East
King County.

CLICK
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BPo%2FU2UohD1L%2FNG
ELm0wRrcYFtOojONk> HERE to tell your State Senator and Representatives to
pass Senate Bill 5457 one more time, the emergency transit funding act. Our
transit riders and community as a whole can't afford a reduction of 600,000
service hours at King County Metro.

Thank you for helping us save bus service,

Andrew Austin
Field Director,
Transportation Choices Coalition

P.S.-Don't forget to
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Hu0gioiXAu8CWww6sOyuO
LcYFtOojONk>
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=j16CKK9nh4CxXNUhB%2FE
5BrcYFtOojONk> CLICK HERE to help us pass the emergency transit funding
bill.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kkVDK77%2BUt%2BfVNzj0
qL99bcYFtOojONk> Find Us on Facebook

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7FeBUeycoFCbYWtrr5hEY
US%2FzH9I59mq> Subscribe to Action Alerts

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition,please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Y%2FFoSHrIJQZ3T9qF9CE
%2B1LcYFtOojONk> unsubscribe here. If you do not currently get our email
Action Alerts,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dO%2BM61ZMCTwx9ZtcsBW
UX7cYFtOojONk> please sign up here.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1i76eaW%2FE%2Fd84ZYMT