[nfbwatlk] I'm back finally

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Thu Apr 14 03:36:32 UTC 2011

Hi,
It is like I re-entered the earth's atmosphere, experiencing the blackout period, like the astronauts do, and I am now back on earth!  Tomcats came Monday but the guy was floored by the number of boxes I have, so he left and said someone else would come today.  This guy stayed a long time and got the cable, phone and Internet up.  The funny thing is that he couldn't find the cord for the monitor but I said I didn't need it anyway, hahaha.  I have a mess of cords on my desk that will need to be straightened out, but I am up and running in California!

Last week, which seems a long time ago, was really interesting.  Monday the movers came which was a long day.  The kitties and I spent the night at a hotel in Everett.  Tuesday we rode down to California in a Chrysler 300, silver in color, from Avis and a driver from wedriveu.com.  It took 13-and-a-half hours but it was a fun trip and the kitties did fine after some initial meowing.  We stayed at another hotel until the movers brought our belongings on Sunday.  Again the cats were corraled and moved.  They have really handled all of these changes better than I thought they would.

My friends, Rick and Cindy, have been helping me unpack.  We've gotten quite a it of it done, though there is much more to do.  But we are getting basic stuff done.

I start work on Monday the 18th.  Wow, the time has been going fast!

It is warmer here than in WA and less rainy, so far.  I still need a jacket some of the time.

I have 1600-some emails, so I guess I better tend to them while I can.
Thanks
Lauren
advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." ~
Albert Schweitzer
My new book, "there's more than one way to love a cat," is available at amazon.com
Visit us at catliness.com