[nfbwatlk] FW: [wtbbl] WTBBL is starting a book club!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 23:13:50 UTC 2011

News Brief: WTBBL STARTS QUARTERLY BOOK CLUB!

Following the success of our 80th Anniversary Brown Bag Book Luncheon, WTBBL
is starting a quarterly book club! The next book will be for the summer
quarter and should be read by June 9, 2011.

Summer is a time of sun, travel and reading! It is also the time of WTBBL's
Summer Reading Program for its young readers. This year, we're bringing the
Summer Reading Program to the adults!

The theme for our June book club selection is Novel Destinations, which is
the Collaborative Summer Library Program's theme for adult programming. To
show that destinations are not only in faraway places, WTBBL has selected to
read The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver a book about travel within the
United States and personal growth of a young girl.

The Bean Trees is available at WTBBL for download (DB 27589 -
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.27589), as downloadable Web-braille (BR 09389
- Volume 1. http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/br.09389v01, Volume 2.
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/br.09389v02), on cassette (RC 27589) and in Large
Print (LP 6493).

Please contact WTBBL (206-615-0400) if you are interested in receiving a
digital cartridge or braille copy of the title.

Stay tuned for more details about the Second Quarter Brown Bag Book Club
Luncheon..