[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Say YES to Transit. Sign the Petition Today.

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 09:27:01 UTC 2010

 Transportation Action!
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/head.gif>

 Transportation Action
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/headline.gif>

Say YES to Transit. Sign the National Public Transportation Petition Today.

Across the state, it's the same story for transit agencies -- falling
revenues, fare hikes and service cuts. Our agencies are being hit
particularly hard because most of their taxing authority comes from local
sales taxes, which have seen precipitous drops as a result of the economic
downtown. Act now and urge Congress to pass a long-term public
transportation bill that increases investment in transportation:
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Dr0wFyKYYM9creII7lVIl
8NJb6DwTor7> Sign the National Public Transportation Petition now.

Signing the Petition has taken an even greater sense of urgency since
President Obama's call to enact a new, six-year transit and highway
authorization bill. The transportation funds in this bill will allow for a
continuation and expansion of vital programs to upgrade or replace
infrastructure, facilities and systems, as well as provide improvements for
the riding environment of public transit users.

Act now. The National Public Transportation Petition will be presented by
industry leaders on September 22 at an event in Washington, D.C. to
highlight to Congress the importance of public transportation across the
country. We cannot delay any longer -- urge Congress for swift action and
keep public transit investment on the national stage.
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mkHAMA6jbKNXSsIN%2Bcp
6zcNJb6DwTor7> Sign the National Public Transportation Petition today.

# # #

Reminder: Friday is International PARK(ing) Day. Join us in Seattle and
Tacoma to Reclaim Your City!

WHAT: Outdoor fun, games and prizes at International PARK(ing) Day
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 17, 9am-3pm
WHERE: Downtown Seattle -
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=eMfpqG%2FxktioE3dMt3i
yCMNJb6DwTor7> 2nd Ave between University and Union; Union St between 2nd &
4th Aves; Downtown Tacoma -
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=i%2F%2B%2BwwaJ2k7vWV7
GYjftFjUBZGyF5%2FPw> Pacific Ave between S 7th-11th Sts

Brought to you by Transportation Choices Coalition, Streets for All Seattle,
Cascade Bicycle Club, Cascade Land Conservancy, Feet First, and Zipcar. For
more information about PARK(ing) DAY, check out
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7ijVVZ8BwlezFpX2WHVrc
cNJb6DwTor7> http://www.parkingday.org.

# # #

Jennifer Olegario
Development and Outreach Associate
Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
Seattle, WA98104
Phone: 206.329.2336
Fax: 206.329.2705

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qf0w406W7MlK3riq5azCf
MNJb6DwTor7> www.transportationchoices.org

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition, please unsuscribe
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bvQaAu6HN3rY91ewpJAuk
MNJb6DwTor7> here. If you do not currently get our email Action Alerts,
please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pQHqDNjM5hGhEvU8Ziwq7
sNJb6DwTor7> sign up here.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=253359322>